DAILA PRAVS M.D., ABFM, ABOIM, ABIHM
AMERICAN BOARD OF FAMILY MEDICINE
AMERICAN BOARD OF INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE
AMERICAN BOARD OF INTEGRATIVE & HOLISTIC MEDICINE
Dr. Daila Pravs' post medical-school training was in Family Medicine, where she had the privilege to work in both private practice and academic medicine. It was during this time that she became a mother to a "healthy" son with health challenges. When her extensive conventional training could not identify a source for the problem, she committed to the search for a root cause and solution. After months of study of nutrition and various dietary approaches, she woke one morning with the decision to implement a drastic change in how they had been doing things.
This shift proved successful within a matter of days and ultimately prompted Dr. Pravs to pursue formal training in integrative and functional medicine as well as health coaching.
As one of the physicians on the MIHG Team, she finds joy in working with patients on personalizing their medical care plan by examining various factors that can affect health, including nutrition/food intolerance, nutrigenomics, stress, sleep, emotional well-being, digestive wellness and environmental factors. Dr. Pravs sees adult patients ages 18 and older.
• If the people around you (friends, family, colleagues) were asked to describe you, what three words would be said most often?
—Curious, Committed and Warm.
• Describe your idea of the perfect day (away from the office).
—Spending time with my loved ones, outdoors—with the smell of a campfire in the air!
• If you could recommend 1 thing and 1 thing only that individuals could do to maintain health and longevity—what would it be?
—Pursue that which you TRULY Love and brings you Joy—abandon your fears and focus your energy on that passion.
Dr. Pravs can serve as a Primary Care Physician for both WOMEN & MEN ages 18 and older and offers SAME-DAY acute care for such issues as urinary tract infections, colds, rashes and musculoskeletal concerns.
Dr. Pravs accepts Medicare and the following Non-HMO Insurances:
Independence Blue Cross, Highmark,
United Healthcare, Aetna and Cigna. She does not accept any HMO plans.
In addition to serving as a primary, she has a special interest in:
• Women's Health, including routine
• Digestive Concerns
• Nutrigenomics and Methylation
• Anxiety/Depression & Stress-related
• Migraines and other headaches
• Asthma / Allergy / Eczema
• Metabolic Syndrome / Hypertension Hyperlipidemia / Diabetes
• Weight Management
• Autoimmune Disorders
• Physician Wellness/Healing the Healer
• HSP's (Highly Sensitive Person)