HEIDI L. WITTELS—MD, ABOIM, ABIHM
AMERICAN BOARD OF INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE
AMERICAN BOARD OF INTEGRATIVE & HOLISTIC MEDICINE
CERTIFIED FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE • PHYSICAL MEDICINE & REHABILITATION
As a History/Pre-Med major, Dr. Heidi Wittels pressed pause on Medical School until her mid-30's when she began having a reoccurring dream about being a doctor. As a mother of two toddlers, she somehow knew that it was time to begin the pursuit of medicine. Having successfully persevered in raising two children while earning her MD, Dr. Wittels has been practicing Functional Medicine since the year 2000 and is one of the area's foremost authorities on Lyme disease, diagnosis and integrative treatment.
Throughout her career, Functional Medicine was the only path that ever made sense to her and she had a vision to create a "center" that offered all the tools to optimal health. In 2010 she opened the charmingly nostalgic doors of Montgomery Integrative Health Group, where alongside a team of progressive practitioners she thrives on figuring out the health puzzle of each patient in the pursuit of making them feel good again.
• If the people around you (friends, family, colleagues) were asked to describe you, what three words would be said most often?
—Determined, Intelligent and Kind.
• Describe your idea of the perfect day (away from the office).
—A fabulous table setting in the European countryside with friends and family, intellectual conversation and amazing food and wine!
• If you could recommend 1 thing and 1 thing only that individuals could do to maintain health and longevity—what would it be?
—Adequate sleep, no sugar and consistent exercise. Hmmmm, so I suppose the 1 thing would be Creating Balance.
Dr. Wittels treats adults ages 18 and older. She has a special interest in:
• Mild to Moderate Cognitive Decline
• Lyme Disease & Tick-Borne
Illness Diagnosis and Integrative
• Mold Sensitivity and Biotoxin Illnesses
• Autoimmune Disease
• Metabolic Syndrome
• Digestive Concerns
• Nutrigenomics and Methylation
In her role as a specialist, Dr. Wittels accepts both HMO and Non-HMO insurance plans.